Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Abstract Thoughts - Revisited

[Before you read this, visit Dreamer's Diary for the latest : Abstract Thoughts. They are twins, conceived on the same summer evening.]

It haunts me.
The way the moon peeks through the coconut trees
In the very same way it has done for the last sixteen years.
The yellowish gleam of the bedside lamp
Like the eyes Of Mephistopheles.
The familiar, hitherto loved ticking of the clock.
Day and night.
Day and night.

I see, passing before my eyes, the lies, the loves,
the joys and the sobs of several ticktocks.
My entire life, to be precise.
There is nothing that has not happened to me...
In that room.

I have lived and died a hundred times there.

Yet, when i lie, all alone
To ponder over what is now and what has gone,
" A secret watcher, a silent listener
Quietly laughs at my fascinated hunt."

I smell his shadow
Lurking in the corner by the wardrobe.
Looking at my secret desires
With a candid gleam in his eye.

Terror and delight pulse through me
And i say,
Leave me alone, leave me alone!
Let me be, with my room, myself and me.

I see you in every spiderweb that flutters
Limply in the glittering moonlight.
I see you in the rustle of the night wind among the eucalypti.

You are as usual, everywhere, silent watcher.
Creeping underneath my skin.
Grinning that evil, evil grin.

2 comments:

Ishani Shambhobi Ghosh said...

what should i say to this? ... should i say anything?

only one wish. let this psychokinetic power between us last forever and ever more.

Deeptesh said...

Oh!Loved the imagery in this....much like a psychic vision!Nice one.Found u thru' Ishani's blog.

www.deepteshpoetry.blogspot.com