Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Recollection Of An Eternal Vision On A Summer Afternoon


it was a day
as some would say
of sunshine after rain

when thoughts do flash
beneath the lash
in trilling notes of pain

a simple touch
that said so much
and wormed its way within us

hand and mouth
did fight it out
we writhed like stony sinners

the man of stone
a god, alone
webs of lust had woven

arms of white
in passion's flight
opened doors to heaven

my blood and flesh
and knobs, enmeshed
were pushed like lumps of metal

fingers strong
did pain prolong
and plunged deep on their mettle

i could not cry
my cup ran dry
my rusty eyes were bleeding

i saw them shine
my shades, divine
amidst my moans of pleading

and then i knew
the purpose true
for i had loved each moment

small hands so dear
they drew me near
and clothed in kisses' raiment

i saw you smile
a hopeful child
the lull before the thunder

i shuddered, bent
broken but unspent
and gazed at me in wonder

moments flew
came roles anew
scores of scores were settled

not loss nor gain
in pleasure's pain
the gates of hell did rattle

the touch unbound
the mind unsound
choked by chills of diamond

between the gasps
and sting of wasps
patience, black, was summoned

marble's child
had turned me wild
and me, a babe unknowing

mirth, deep
did bring me sleep
as winds of change were blowing

No comments: