Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Ramblings Of A Nazi Mind

Is it just me,
or has the sky never felt so blue before?

Life is playing evil tricks..
She gives me the winner's odds
When i must leave the game unfinished.

I feel so young
Marveling at the fresh scent
Of the pure, rain-washed, sunshine.
Of the perfect symmetry
Of each maple leaf
That pirouettes gently in the wind

They bring to me visions
Of a life, unlived.

Perhaps i would not have made a bad poet...
If i had not drunk the fresh blood of innocents
With such whole-hearted pleasure...

My childhood
Lost its way
Wandering
In some impenetrable woodland ramble
Shrouded in leafy darkness.

I dipped my lips and drunk like wine
The anger of decades
Which converged like a ball of fire
At the pit of my stomach
And issued but one instruction
" Rip, tear, kill!"

Did the same summer breeze
Brush across my lips
As i sharpened my blade to push it
Deep into the heart of hundreds
Imploring, screaming, wanting to know
What crime they had committed
That had won them a one-way ticket
To the Ninth Circle of Hell.

I have heard that sound before...
Yes, she had a nest
Right outside my classroom...
I used to tap my fingers to her honey-smooth chirp
As we were baptized
in bloodbath and extermination.

I always knew what we did was wrong.
but a war-chant can make you change
Your own mother's name.

There is no use anymore..

But, still...
Did you ever see the sky so blue?

[ on 7th May 1944
24 hours before VE Day]

No comments: