Monday, February 1, 2010

December, My Love

tangled up in spring
like two snakes
entwined
under a cold, mossy rock

you cannot tell
where one ends
and the other begins

sunshine leaps
from leaf to leaf
and pulls me along
on a rollercoaster ride into the unconscious

it's just libido, the viennese madman says

jack frost
tugs at my sleeve

it's a host of
how do you dos

the winter wind
who
on his journey
to ruffle the topmost tentacles
of the coconut tree
stroked my cheek
in a
secret whisper

just between me and you

water
rippling in the porcelain washbasin
in the death-chamber
of my dreams
reminds me
of shadows
haunting a flickering lamp post of bygone years

they are always
lurking there
the pieces of my life

scattered
waiting forever
to be arranged into a coherent jigsaw

you must wait longer, they say

do you know
what i shall feel
when i meet
the wedded winds of winter and spring

i will feel
the soft hum
of your breath on my shoulder

and i will know now
as i knew then

december is here.