Friday, October 16, 2009

As An After-thought On Bhoot Chaturdashi

Ah. That oft-trodden path.
The red soil scrunches in the same old way.
Not under my feet, of course.
Tonight, i am a weightless soul.

This was the way we went, she and I
Hands clasped together
As I led her faltering steps
Down the lane
Showing her all the marvels
That brightened my world.

How does she look?
After all this time,
Is her voice still as sweet
As is once was?
When they wrapped about me
On a wintry midnight
Her hands were as soft as
Feathers.

Does she still remember
Me?

There it is, our house.
Our little haven of silly joys
But wait, there are lights out tonight.
To drive away the likes of me…
Do you not remember, child?
Do you truly not remember?


I do, said she, as she looked outside from within the brightly lit house.
I do remember you, grandfather.




2 comments: